Holy Trinity Cathedral of Batumi - Salibauri Holy Trinity Cathedral is located in Adjara, about 8 kilometers from Batumi, on Trinity Mountain.
The foundation for the construction of the Trinity Monastery complex was laid on September 7, 2002.
The Holy Trinity Cathedral was built in the second half of the 19th century. It was under the control of the cemetery for years.
In the 30s of the 20th century, services were stopped here as well. It was used as a warehouse - agricultural inventory was kept.
After the end of the Second World War, the representatives of the multinational Orthodox congregation of Batumi, under the leadership of Grigol Pukhno and Luka Shevchuk, united with the Church of the Holy Trinity, collected signatures and appealed to the Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia Kalistrates (Tsintsadze) for permission to start the said church.
In 1947, the Holy Trinity Cathedral was opened. Luka Shevchuk was the foreman. The temple had a choir of 30 singers. After the restoration of the temple, the congregation donated church books, icons and other things. The church never lacked parishioners, which was probably due to the fact that at that time there were two Orthodox churches in the city. One in the city named after St. Nicholas and the other here in the cemetery.
In the summer of 1976, the temple caught fire and was completely destroyed. Soon, the Holy Synod of the Georgian Orthodox Church instructed Batumi-Creator Bishop Davit (Chkadua) to build a new temple on the base of the burnt temple.
The temple was built, roofed, and priestly services began in 1979, but its final completion in its present form took years.